Roadmap for this presentation:
- Snapshot of Florida's LGBTQ+ Youth in Care
- Brief Refresher on LGBTQ+ Cultural Competency
- Unique issues faced by LGBTQ+ Youth
- Legal Rights of LGBTQ+ Youth in Care and in Education Settings
Trauma-Informed Approach for LGBTQ+ Youth
- The Legal Framework
- Best Practices - Advocacy Tips
- Case Study
Dr. Tiffany Wells, Ph.D., Program Manager in Duvall County Public Schools, Coordinator of CDC Dash Grant
Calvin Martin, Statewide Director of Program Advocacy & Inclusion, Florida Statewide Guardian ad Litem Office
Original Webinar Date: February 4, 2021
For those with the Guardian ad Litem Program, this 1 hour course does apply towards in-service hours. Please select training topic "Cultural Diversity" and specify "LGBTQ+ Youth and Human Sexuality when inputting into Optima.
LGBTQ+ Youth and Human Sexuality, Course 9
Thoughts & Feedback
FreeEnhanced Advocacy for LGBTQ+ YouthSeries of 9 courses geared towards advocacy on behalf of LGBTQ+ foster care youth.